Thursday, May 17, 2012

En En is sick, so is the daddy

Baby En had mild cough last week and we thought we would monitor it. It got more frequent on Monday after she returned from IFC. And she had mucus in her nose which we thought was also hindering her milk intake. We decided to bring her to KKH at about 8+pm. Gosh, we waited for about 2 hours and decided to leave without seeing a doctor cos it was simply crowded and there were still more than 50 patients ahead of us.

So we brought her to SBCC the next morning. Dr prescribed ventolin on nebulizer for 2 days and wanted to see her again this morning. Well, that means I have to be away from work too cos she had to stay away from IFC for these few days on dr advise.

This morning's follow up went ok. Lungs seemed ok and dr said could stop nebulizer but continued to prescribe ventolin on oral together one other medicine. Dr advised me to watch her until weekend to make sure she fully recovers before bringing her back to IFC. So that means I will have to skip work again tomorrow. (My boss is going to squeeze me dead!) But well, my daughter's more important now.

Poor En is still coughing with phlegm and running nose. She has hoarse voice. When she screamed and cried this afternoon (for whatever reason) in her hoarse voice, I cried with her. It was such a pain.

I hope Baby En recovers soon.

PS: Hubby is also down with flu. Not sure if he caught it from En. Worse thing is he is having his exam tomorrow. All the best!

No comments: